|提及的人：||Floyce Alexander; Russell Banks; ̌ Carol Berg; Wendell Berry; James Bertolino; Alan Brilliant; Paul Hannigan; Geof Hewitt; David Ignatow; David Madden; William Matthews; Howard McCord; Paul C Metcalf; Robert Morgan; Paul Pines; Henry Roth; Max Steele; Peter Wild; William Witherup; Arthur Yanoff|
|注意：||In the Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (#5042).|
|描述：||About 725 items (1.0 linear ft.)|
Records consists primarily of letters relating to established and potential contributors to the magazine, as well as correspondence between editors Russell Banks and William Matthews and others at similar publications. The letters include commentary on submissions and discuss matters relevant to the production of a literary magazine at a small press. Also included are letters on more general topics, such as the nature of poetry, social conditions in the United States, and the war in Vietnam. There is also correspondence of a more personal nature among Banks and Matthews and their friends. Correspondents include Floyce Alexander, Carol Berge, Wendell Berry, James Bertolino, Alan Brilliant, Paul Hannigan, Geof Hewitt, David Ignatow, David Madden, Howard McCord, Paul Metcalf, Robert Morgan, Paul Pines, Henry Roth, Max Steele, Peter Wild, William Witherup, and Arthur Yanoff. Interspersed in the correspondence are several versions of a prospectus directed at potential funding sources and retailers and a few grant applications to government agencies and other sources of funding. There is also a brief essay entitled, "Why We Killed a Perfectly Healthy Literary Magazine," in which Banks and Matthews discussed the reasons for shutting "Lillabulero" down after the 14th issue.
- Alexander, Floyce.
- American periodicals -- North Carolina.
- American poetry -- 20th century.
- Banks, Russell, -- 1940-
- Berg,̌ Carol, -- 1928-
- Berry, Wendell, -- 1934-
- Bertolino, James, -- 1942-
- Brilliant, Alan.
- College student newspapers and periodicals -- North Carolina -- Chapel Hill.
- Hannigan, Paul.
- Hewitt, Geof.
- Ignatow, David, -- 1914-1997.
- Literature -- Periodicals.
- Madden, David, -- 1933-
- Matthews, William, -- 1942-1997.
- McCord, Howard, -- 1932-
- Metcalf, Paul C.
- Morgan, Robert, -- 1944-
- North Carolina -- Intellectual life -- 20th century.
- Novelists, American -- 20th century.
- Pines, Paul.
- Poets, American -- 20th century.
- Roth, Henry.
- Small presses -- United States.
- Steele, Max, -- 1922-2005.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Students -- Intellectual life.
- Wild, Peter, -- 1940-
- Witherup, William.
- Yanoff, Arthur.