Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Lillian Gish; Lillian Gish; Robert Anderson; Teresa Wright; Dorothy Gish; Franklin D Roosevelt; Rodney Ackland; Ruth Gordon; Henry King; Una Merkel; Eva Le Gallienne|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Alan J Pally; Robert Anderson; Teresa Wright; Penny Ward; Betty L Corwin; American Theatre Wing.; New York Public Library. Billy Rose Theatre Collection. Theatre on Film and Tape Archive.
|Notes:||Lillian Gish remembered consisted of a series of free public programs celebrating the donation of the personal archive of Lillian Gish to The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts' Billy Rose Theatre Collection, presented in the Bruno Walter Auditorium periodically between March and June of 1997. Series producer, Alan J. Pally.
Tenth program in series.
Copy of program available.
|Event notes:||Videotaped by The New York Public Library's Theatre on Film and Tape Archive at The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts' Bruno Walter Auditorium, New York, N.Y., May 10, 1997.|
|Description:||1 videocassette (52 min.) : sound, color NTSC ; 3/4 in. (U-matic).|
|Series Title:||Lillian Gish remembered|
|Responsibility:||[Video director] Penny Ward ; [video producer] Theatre on Film and Tape Archive, Betty L. Corwin, director.|
Playwright Robert Anderson details the origins of his 1968 play I never sang for my father, which starred Lillian Gish and Teresa Wright; Ms. Wright tells of working with Ms. Gish in the play, and also speaks of meeting her sister Dorothy Gish. Ms. Wright reads a speech delivered by Lillian Gish endorsing the re-election of President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1936. Mr. Anderson and Ms. Wright read from correspondence between Ms. Gish and Rodney Ackland, Ruth Gordon, Henry King, Una Merkel, and Eva Le Gallienne.
- Gish, Lillian, -- 1893-1993 -- Friends and associates.
- Gish, Lillian, -- 1893-1993 -- Correspondence.
- Anderson, Robert, -- 1917-2009. -- I never sang for my father.
- Wright, Teresa, -- 1918-2005.
- Gish, Dorothy -- Friends and associates.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. -- (Franklin Delano), -- 1882-1945.
- Ackland, Rodney, -- 1908-1991 -- Correspondence.
- Gordon, Ruth, -- 1896-1985 -- Correspondence.
- King, Henry, -- 1886-1982 -- Correspondence.
- Merkel, Una, -- 1903-1986 -- Correspondence.
- Le Gallienne, Eva, -- 1899-1991 -- Correspondence.
- Motion pictures -- United States.
- Theater -- United States.