Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
British Museum. Department of Printed Books.
List of catalogues of English book sales, 1676-1900.
London, British museum [etc.] 1915
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Harold Mattingly; Alfred W Pollard; British Museum. Department of Printed Books.
|Notes:||Chronological list of 8,000 catalogues, with a full index of owners.
The compilation of the list was begun by Harold Mattingly, continued by I.A.K. Burnett, and completed by A.W. Pollard. cf. Pref.
"Supplementary list. Sale catalogues preserved in the ... Department of manuscripts, not in the Department of printed books": pages -447.
|Description:||2 preliminary leaves, [vii]-xv, , 523 pages 23 cm|
|Responsibility:||Printed by order of the Trustees.|
- Book collectors -- Great Britain.
- Private libraries -- Great Britain.
- Booksellers and bookselling -- Great Britain.
- Booksellers' catalogs -- Great Britain -- Bibliography.
- Books -- Prices -- Bibliography.
- Book collectors.
- Books -- Prices.
- Booksellers and bookselling.
- Booksellers' catalogs.
- Private libraries.
- Great Britain.
- British Museum.