Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Named Person:||Walter Scott; Walter Scott; Walter Scott|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||v, 169 pages ; 21 cm.|
|Contents:||Literary pilgrimage as cultural imperialism and 'Scott-land' ... Ian Brown 'A place much celebrated in England': Loch Katrine and the Trossachs before The Lady of the Lake ... Tom Furniss Scott and Tourism ... Alasdair J. Durie Holiday romances; or, Loch Katrine and the literary tourist ... Nicola J. Watson Wildness and wet: artistic interactions and the Trossachs' designation as a National Park ... Jim Alison Rob Roy: trade, improvement and the destruction of 'native' cultures ... David Hewitt 'Woe to him who has lost his voice': re-discovering the Gaelic literature of the Lennox and Menteith ... Michael Newton On the look-out for Beauty: Dorothy Wordsworth in the Trossachs ... Dorothy McMillan Rethinking Scott, his literary predecessors and the imagery of the Highlands ... Murdo MacDonald Jules Verne and the Trossachs: experience and inspiration ... Ian Thompson Location, dislocation: film and the Trossachs ... David Manderson Bibliography Contributors|
|Series Title:||Occasional papers (Association for Scottish Literary Studies), no. 16.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Ian Brown.|
- Scott, Walter, -- 1771-1832 -- Influence.
- Scott, Walter, -- 1771-1832 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Heritage tourism -- Scotland -- Trossachs -- History.
- Literary journeys -- Scotland -- Trossachs -- History.
- Trossachs (Scotland) -- In literature.
- Trossachs (Scotland) -- Civilization.
- Scott, Walter, -- 1771-1832.
- Heritage tourism.
- Influence (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Literary journeys.
- Scotland -- Trossachs.