Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||J M Barrie; J M Barrie; Dora de Houghton Carrington; J Llewelyn Davies; Daphne Du Maurier, Dame; George Du Maurier; Mary Hodgson; Henry James; George Llewelyn Davies; John Llewelyn Davies; Michael Llewelyn Davies; Nicholas Llewelyn Davies; Peter Llewelyn Davies; Hugh Macnaghten; Roger Senhouse; Bernard Shaw; Llewelyn Davies family.|
|Material Type:||Graphic, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource, Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Llewelyn Davies family.
|Language Note:||In English.|
|Description:||6.01 linear feet (12 boxes)|
Series I, Correspondence, consists of letters between members of the Llewelyn Davies family and others, third party correspondence, and a compilation of family correspondence by Peter Llewelyn Davies. The series features the correspondence of the five sons, and includes letters from the boys to their parents, to their nanny Mary Hodgson, and to family friend J. M. Barrie. Noteworthy correspondents include George du Maurier, Daphne du Maurier, Henry James, Hugh Macnaghten, and Roger Senhouse.
Series II, Photographs, consists of approximately 435 photographs arranged into three subseries: Llewelyn Davies Family, Llewelyn Davies Family with J. M. Barrie and Others, and Other. The photographs, which include both studio portraits and snapshots, provide a broad and intimate resource into the lives of J. M. Barrie and the Llewelyn Davies and Du Maurier families. Photographs document domestic scenes and leisure activities, and include images of the Llewelyn Davies' homes and retreats. In addition to family members and J. M. Barrie, there are photographs of Bernard Shaw, Dora Carrington, and groups of people.
Series III, Other Material, is organized into subseries for drawings, printed ephemera, writings and notes, and other. Materials include: holograph draft and draft fragments of writings by Barrie; two printed albums completed in manuscript by various members of the Llewelyn Davies family and friends, including Barrie; and two wills by Sylvia Llewelyn Davies and Barrie's transcription of the revised will.
- Barrie, J. M. -- (James Matthew), -- 1860-1937.
- Barrie, J. M. -- (James Matthew), -- 1860-1937. -- Peter Pan.
- Carrington, Dora de Houghton, -- 1893-1932.
- Davies, J. Llewelyn -- (John Llewelyn), -- 1826-1916.
- Du Maurier, Daphne, -- Dame, -- 1907-1989.
- Du Maurier, George, -- 1834-1896.
- Hodgson, Mary.
- James, Henry, -- 1843-1916.
- Llewelyn Davies, George, -- 1893-1915.
- Llewelyn Davies, John, -- 1894-1959.
- Llewelyn Davies, Michael, -- 1900-1921.
- Llewelyn Davies, Nicholas, -- 1901-1980.
- Llewelyn Davies, Peter, -- 1897-1960.
- Macnaghten, Hugh, -- 1862-1929.
- Senhouse, Roger.
- Shaw, Bernard, -- 1856-1950.
- Llewelyn Davies family.
- Authors, English.
- Authors, Scottish.
- Dramatists, Scottish.
- English literature -- Scottish authors.
- English literature.
- Peter Pan (Fictitious character)
- England -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.