King, Laurie R.
New York : Bantam Books, 2005
|提及的人：||Mary Russell, (Fictitious character); Sherlock Holmes; Dashiell Hammett; Mary Russell, Fictitious character.; Sherlock Holmes; Dashiell Hammett|
Laurie R King
|ISBN:||055380197X 9780553801972 0553583417 9780553583410|
|描述：||402 p. ; 24 cm.|
|責任：||Laurie R. King.|
Mary Russell and her husband Sherlock Holmes are on their way from Bombay to San Francisco to settle some legal affairs related to Mary's inheritance of her family's estate. Approaching port, Mary becomes afflicted with troubling dreams and irrational behavior. Mary was six years old when the 1906 San Francisco earthquake occurred, but she denies having any memory of that time. She was also the only survivor of an automobile "accident" in 1914. As questions are asked, more family members seemed to have died in violent, unexplained ways. Aided by a hard-boiled crime writer named Dashiell Hammett, Russell and Holmes attempt to discover why Mary is targeted for assassination.
- Russell, Mary, -- 1900- -- (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Holmes, Sherlock -- Fiction.
- Women private investigators -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- British -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- San Francisco Earthquake and Fire, Calif., 1906 -- Fiction.
- Hammett, Dashiell, -- 1894-1961 -- Fiction.
- Murder victims' families -- Fiction.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Married women -- Fiction.
- Russell, Mary, -- Fictitious character.
- Holmes, Sherlock.
- Hammett, Dashiell, -- 1894-1961.