Encontrar un ejemplar en la biblioteca
Encontrando bibliotecas que tienen este material…
|Género/Forma:||Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Formato físico adicional:||Online version:
Chaston, Joel, 1954-
New York : Twayne Publishers, 1997
|Persona designada:||Lois Lowry; Lois Lowry; Lois Lowry|
|Tipo de documento:||Libro/Texto|
|Todos autores / colaboradores:||
|Descripción:||xiii, 153 pages ; 23 cm.|
|Contenido:||The inward eye --
Early novels : Return to Autumn Street --
Anastasia, poet and philosopher --
The amazing Krupniks --
Caroline and company : in search of green places --
What friends do : Rabble Starkey, Number the stars, and The giver --
A growing reputation.
|Título de la serie:||Twayne's United States authors series, TUSAS 687.|
|Responsabilidad:||Joel D. Chaston.|
In Lois Lowry, Joel D. Chaston presents the first comprehensive critical study of Lowry's work. In his first chapter, he looks at Lowry's career as a whole, from her early work as a photographer and freelance writer for publications such as the New York Times and Down East, through her discovery by a children's editor at Houghton Mifflin and her distinguished career writing for children and young adults. Throughout this book, Chaston provides a careful reading and aesthetic critique of the themes, style, and structure of Lowry's books, exploring connections between them and earlier works of children's literature.
Chaston's study includes careful analysis of all of Lowry's major works, including chapters devoted to Lowry's early children's books, her popular Anastasia series, her other humorous fiction, and her award-winning novels. The final chapter assesses Lowry's achievements as a writer and her impact on contemporary children's fiction.
- Lowry, Lois -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Children -- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Youth -- Books and reading -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century.
- Young adult fiction, American -- History and criticism.
- Children's stories, American -- History and criticism.
- Lowry, Lois.
- Children -- Books and reading.
- Children's stories, American.
- Women and literature.
- Young adult fiction, American.
- Youth -- Books and reading.
- United States.
- Women and literature -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Young adult fiction, American -- History and criticism
- Children`s stories, American -- History and criticism
- Lowry, Lois -- Criticism and interpretation