Records and correspondence
Lovecraft, H.P. (Howard Phillips), 1890-1937.
Lord of a visible world.
Athens : Ohio University Press, ©2000
|提及的人：||H P Lovecraft; H P Lovecraft; H P Lovecraft|
H P Lovecraft; David E Schultz; S T Joshi
|ISBN:||0821413325 9780821413326 0821413333 9780821413333|
|描述：||xix, 385 pages ; 24 cm|
|责任：||H.P. Lovecraft ; edited by S.T. Joshi and David E. Schultz.|
"A prolific and fascinating letter writer, the renowned science fiction writer H. P. Lovecraft chronicled the most minute particulars of his life in his correspondence. Whether he is describing the antics of his favorite cats, evaluating baked beans or cheese, or debating the purchase of a suit, Lovecraft's remarkable letters reveal much about him as a writer and as a man. They also outline his views on history, aesthetics, society, politics, and economics - among a myriad of subjects that engaged his wide-ranging intellect. This selection of Lovecraft letters and essays, some of which have never been published, bring to light much about the era, the circle in which he worked, and his candid and sometimes surprising reactions to the circumstances of his life."--BOOK JACKET.
- Lovecraft, H. P. -- (Howard Phillips), -- 1890-1937.
- Lovecraft, H. P. -- (Howard Phillips), -- 1890-1937 -- Correspondence.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Horror tales -- Authorship.
- Lovecraft, H. P. -- (Howard Phillips), -- 1890-1937
- Authors, American.