William Golding; Edmund L Epstein
|ISBN:||0399501487 9780399501487 9780881030310 0881030317 9780606001960 0606001964 9780812416114 0812416112|
|描述：||208 pages ; 18 cm|
|内容：||The sound of the shell --
Fire on the mountain --
Huts on the beach --
Painted faces and long hair --
Beast from water --
Beast from air --
Shadows and tall tress --
Gift for the darkness --
A view to a death --
The shell and the glasses --
Castle rock --
Cry of the hunters --
Notes on Lord of the Flies.
|责任：||by William Golding ; with a biographical and critical note by E.L. Epstein.|
The classic tale of a group of English school boys who are left stranded on an unpopulated island, and who must confront not only the defects of their society but the defects of their own nature. Lord of the Flies remains as provocative today as when it was first published in 1954, igniting passionate debate with its startling, brutal portrait of human nature. Though critically acclaimed, it was largely ignored upon its initial publication. Yet soon it became a cult favorite among both students and literary critics who compared it to J.D. Salinger's The Catcher in the Rye in its influence on modern thought and literature. Labeled a parable, an allegory, a myth, a morality tale, a parody, a political treatise, even a vision of the apocalypse, Lord of the Flies has established itself as a true classic.
- Airplane crash survival -- Fiction.
- Moral conditions -- Fiction.
- Ethics -- Fiction.
- Coming of age -- Fiction.
- Shipwreck survival -- Fiction.
- Regression (Psychology) -- Fiction.
- Islands -- Fiction.
- Boys -- Fiction.
- Interpersonal relations in children -- Fiction.
- Adventure and adventurers -- Fiction.
- Human relations -- Fiction.
- Airplane crash survival.
- Interpersonal relations in children.
- Moral conditions.
- Regression (Psychology)
- Shipwreck survival.
- Islands-Tropical -- Juvenile Literature.
- Boys-in Literature -- Juvenile Literature.
- Survival (after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc) -- Juvenile Literature.
- Regression(Psychology) -- Juvenile Literature.