Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||George A Custer; Louis McLane Hamilton; Philip Hamilton; Robert Mayhew West|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Book|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George A Custer; Philip Hamilton; Robert Mayhew West; United States. Army. Cavalry, 7th.; Edward E. Ayer Manuscript Collection (Newberry Library); Newberry Library.
|Notes:||Ms. copy of 7th Cavalry resolution cataloged separately as Ayer MS 208.|
|Description:||0.1 linear feet (9 items in 1 folder)|
Includes correspondence of Philip Hamilton (father) to Lossing, and Robert Mayhew West (forwarding copy of 7th Cavalry resolution on Hamilton's death to the Poughkeepsie Daily Eagle); ms. extracts from Custer's July 6, 1867, order praising Hamilton's actions; printed obituaries from New York newspapers; a printed copy of the West letter and accompanying resolution; and a newspaper articles containing Custer's report to Gen. W.T. Sherman on the battle.
- Custer, George A. -- (George Armstrong), -- 1839-1876.
- Hamilton, Louis McLane, -- 1844-1868.
- Hamilton, Philip, -- 1802-1884 -- Correspondence.
- West, Robert Mayhew, -- -1869 -- Correspondence.
- United States. -- Army. -- Cavalry, 7th -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Cavalry pioneer troops -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Cheyenne Indians -- Wars -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Washita Campaign, 1868-1869 -- Sources.
- Oklahoma -- History -- 19th century -- Sources.
- Manuscripts, American.