Trova una copia in biblioteca
Stiamo ricercando le biblioteche che possiedono questo documento…
|Persona incaricata:||William W Orbach; Yaacov Ro'i; Martin Gilbert; Michael Sherbourne; Hillel Levine|
|Tipo documento:||Archival Material|
|Tutti gli autori / Collaboratori:||
|Descrizione:||4 containers (2.6 linear feet)|
This collection is of value to researchers investigating the Soviet Jewry movement in general, and Cleveland, Ohio, area participants, in particular. Of note is Rosenblum's correspondence with noted individuals such as William Orbach, Ya'acov Ro'I, Martin Gilbert, Michael Sherbourne, and Hillel Levine. Also of value are reports, correspondence, and memoranda of the Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland. Rosenblum's particular role in the movement is documented with articles and interviews. The papers also illuminate the role of the Israeli government in the Soviet Jewry movement, particularly in the legal records, newspaper articles, reports, and transcripts relating to Lishkat HaKesher. Lishkat HaKesher (also known as Nativ and Office Without a Name) was established in 1952 to conduct covert operations to encourage aliyah [immigration to Israel] of Jews from the Communist countries of Eastern Europe. Finally, the researcher will find the collection of publications, including Graffiti for Intellectuals and Jewish Samizdat of interest.
- Orbach, William W.
- Ro'i, Yaacov.
- Gilbert, Martin, -- 1936-2015.
- Sherbourne, Michael.
- Levine, Hillel, -- 1946-
- Cleveland Council on Soviet Anti-Semitism.
- Jewish Community Federation (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Union of Councils for Soviet Jews.
- Jewish refugees -- Ohio -- Cleveland.
- Jews, Soviet -- Ohio -- Cleveland.
- Jews, Soviet -- Emigration and immigration.
- Jews -- Ohio -- Cleveland -- Societies, etc.
- Jews -- United States -- Societies, etc.
- Jews -- Soviet Union -- Social conditions.
- Antisemitism -- Soviet Union.
- Espionage, Israeli -- Europe, Eastern.
- Espionage, Israeli -- Soviet Union.