Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Charles Asselineau; Charles Blanc; Emilio Castelar; Paul Marc Joseph Chenavard; Alfred Emmanuel Langlois Des Essarts; Victor Hugo; Louisa Siefert; Siefert family.|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Language Note:||In French.|
|Description:||2.5 linear feet (6 boxes)|
Series II contains eight volumes of poetry, primarily in Siefert's hand. Two volumes contain collections of other poets' works, one of which includes, dos-a-dos, a juvenile play by Siefert titled En Automne. Other volumes include a set of notes taken during a course on French poetry taught by Charles Asselineau, and four collections of original poetry dated between 1865 and 1872, which include many sentimental or dedicatory poems to friends and family members. The original poems are annotated with the dates of their composition, and occasionally with publication information; and laid in a volume titled Poems d'amour are two pages of comments on the poems in Asselineau's hand. Also included in the collection is a volume of reviews of Siefert's works, copied in her hand.
- Asselineau, Charles, -- 1820-1874 -- Correspondence.
- Blanc, Charles, -- 1813-1882.
- Castelar, Emilio, -- 1832-1899.
- Chenavard, Paul Marc Joseph, -- 1807-1895.
- Des Essarts, Alfred Emmanuel Langlois, -- 1839-1909.
- Hugo, Victor, -- 1802-1885.
- Siefert, Louisa, -- 1845-1877.
- Siefert family.
- Artists -- France -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- Authors, French -- 19th century -- Correspondence.
- French literature -- 19th century.
- French poetry -- 19th century.
- Romanticism -- France.
- Sentimentalism in literature.
- France -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.