Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Henry L Benning; Laura Beecher Comer; G V French; Julia Collier Harris; Julian LaRose Harris; Ernest Abner Hartsock|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Louise Jones DuBose; Augusta J Evans; Nancy Telfair
|Notes:||Cataloged as part of the Georgia Archives and Manuscripts Automated Access project: A Special Collections Gateway Program of the University Center in Georgia.
Collection number: MC-2.
|Description:||.5 linear ft.|
The collection also contains a few letters (1860-1861) from Augusta Jane Evans (Wilson) in Mobile (Ala.). Several refer to rumors of a romance to a "Black Republican" and another is written to Henry L. Benning and G.V. French in Georgia in January 1861 regarding Evan's views of the Union and the South and her refusal to sign a proposed memorial to be presented at the Georgia State Convention.
- Benning, Henry L. -- (Henry Lewis), -- 1814-1975.
- Comer, Laura Beecher.
- French, G. V.
- Harris, Julia Collier, -- 1875-
- Harris, Julian LaRose, -- 1874-1963.
- Hartsock, Ernest Abner, -- 1903-1930.
- American literature -- 20th century.
- Women -- Georgia -- Columbus.
- Women authors, American -- Georgia.
- Columbus (Ga.)
- Georgia -- Politics and government -- 1861-1865.