Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Julie Anne Peters
|ISBN:||0316733695 9780316733694 0316011274 9780316011273 0316000876 9780316000871|
|Notes:||"Megan Tingley books."|
|Awards:||Stonewall honor book, 2005|
|Description:||248 p. ; 22 cm.|
|Responsibility:||by Julie Anne Peters.|
Peters writes her characters with care and complecity. Regan's clumsy new romance and Luna's coming out to a lifelong friends who's in love with Liam shiver with tenuousness, but find hope KIRKUS
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
True to life
I was really struck by this story. On one level, it is a very true-to-life account of how transgender people feel. My partner is transgender and many things that Luna felt or discussed with her sister I've heard from my partner.
On another level, Regan's struggle to be herself, keep a deep...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Transsexuals -- Fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Identity -- Fiction.
- Family problems -- Fiction.
- Social acceptance in teenagers -- Fiction.
- Social acceptance -- Fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) -- Fiction.
- Sex role -- Fiction.
- Fifteen-year-old girls -- Fiction.
- Teenage girls -- Fiction.
- Transsexuals -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Dysfunctional families -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters.
- Dysfunctional families.
- Identity (Psychology)
User lists with this item (15)
- Queer Lit(112 items)
by Callig updated about 2 weeks ago
- Things I Recommend(126 items)
by mad7976 updated about 3 weeks ago
- Finished Reading(13 items)
by af1696as updated about a month ago
- lqbtq(65 items)
by cynthia burton updated 2014-01-10
- Safe and Caring schools(43 items)
by aklumper updated 2013-10-07