Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Fiction, Secondary (senior high) school|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Julie Anne Peters
|ISBN:||0316733695 9780316733694 0316011274 9780316011273 0316000876 9780316000871|
|Notes:||"Megan Tingley books."|
|Awards:||Stonewall honor book, 2005|
|Description:||248 pages ; 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||by Julie Anne Peters.|
Peters writes her characters with care and complecity. Regan's clumsy new romance and Luna's coming out to a lifelong friends who's in love with Liam shiver with tenuousness, but find hope KIRKUS
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
True to life
I was really struck by this story. On one level, it is a very true-to-life account of how transgender people feel. My partner is transgender and many things that Luna felt or discussed with her sister I've heard from my partner.
On another level, Regan's struggle to be herself, keep a deep...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Transsexuals -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Dysfunctional families -- Juvenile fiction.
- Transsexuals -- Fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Identity -- Fiction.
- Family problems -- Fiction.
- Social acceptance in teenagers -- Fiction.
- Social acceptance -- Fiction.
- Identity (Psychology) -- Fiction.
- Sex role -- Fiction.
- Fifteen-year-old girls -- Fiction.
- Teenage girls -- Fiction.
- Brothers and sisters.
- Dysfunctional families.
- Identity (Psychology)
User lists with this item (17)
- Things to Check Out(193 items)
by lkrier updated about 5 days ago
- YA - LGBTQIA Fiction(51 items)
by FVRL_booklists updated 2016-03-24
- Things I Recommend(137 items)
by mad7976 updated 2016-01-09
- Things to Check Out(122 items)
by dcwillis updated 2015-12-01
- Even more books(500 items)
by Biotech updated 2015-11-27