Encontrar uma cópia na biblioteca
Books of hours
Early works to 1800
Texts Early works to 1800
|Pessoa Denominada:||Mary, Blessed Virgin Saint|
|Tipo de Material:||Manuscrito|
|Tipo de Documento:||Livro, Material de Arquivo|
|Todos os Autores / Contribuintes:||
England) Lyte family (Somerset; James West; George Brudenell Montagu Montagu, Duke of; James Frampton; Catholic Church.; C.A. Stonehill, Inc.,; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Rare Book & Manuscript Library.
|Nota do Idioma:||Latin with some prayers added in English.|
Title supplied by cataloger.
Collation: Parchment, fol. iv (modern paper; i is pastedown) + 165 (medieval parchment) + v (modern paper; v is pastedown) ; quires unsigned.
Layout: Calendars written in 4 columns of 30-33 lines; text written in 19 long lines; frame-ruled.
Script: Written in a gothic book hand.
Decoration: Six illuminated, full-page miniatures; floriate borders at incipits; illuminated and pen-flourished initials throughout. Initials on fol. 4 and fol. 5 have been excised.
Binding: 18th cent. . Full red morocco, gold tooled; rebacked.
Origin: Written in England or Bruges, ca. 1390. See J.W. Bradley.
Provenance: Purchased by the Duke and Duchess of Montagu at the sale of James West, Esq., and presented to Henry Lyte -- Contains annotations of various periods relating to the Lyte Family -- Engraved armorial bookplate, pasted to inside of front board, of James Frampton with motto "Perseverando"--Purchased from Stonehill, 30 June 1945.
Shelf-mark: Urbana, IL, University of Illinois Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Pre-1650 MS 0076.
Former shelf-mark: Ms 4140 (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library).
Former shelf-mark: x 264.02 C28ho 1390 (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library).
|Descrição:||165 leaves : parchment, ill. ; 155 x 115 (98 x 63) mm. bound to 163 x 124 mm.|
|Outros Títulos:||Book of hours (Ms. Lyte family)
Lyte Family Book of Hours
Horae B.M.V. secundum consuetudinem Angliae
- Mary, -- Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Prayer-books and devotions -- Latin -- Early works to 1800.
- Catholic Church -- Prayer-books and devotions -- Latin -- Early works to 1800.
- Catholic Church -- Liturgy -- Texts -- Early works to 1800.
- Catholic Church. -- Book of hours (Ms. Lyte family)
- Devotional literature, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Early works to 1800.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- England -- Specimens.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- Belgium -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.
- Manuscripts, Medieval -- Illinois -- Urbana -- Specimens.