Books of hours
Early works to 1800
Texts Early works to 1800
|提及的人：||Mary, Blessed Virgin Saint|
England) Lyte family (Somerset; James West; George Brudenell Montagu Montagu, Duke of; James Frampton; Catholic Church.; Pre-1650 Manuscript Collection (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library)
|语言注释：||Latin with some prayers added in English.|
|注意：||Title supplied by cataloger.
Collation: Parchment, fol. iv (modern paper; i is pastedown) + 165 (medieval parchment) + v (modern paper; v is pastedown) ; quires unsigned.
Layout: Calendars written in 4 columns of 30-33 lines; text written in 19 long lines; frame-ruled.
Script: Written in a gothic book hand.
Decoration: Six illuminated, full-page miniatures; floriate borders at incipits; illuminated and pen-flourished initials throughout. Initials on fol. 4 and fol. 5 have been excised.
Binding: 18th cent. . Full red morocco, gold tooled; rebacked.
Origin: Written in England or Bruges, ca. 1390. See J.W. Bradley.
Provenance: Purchased by the Duke and Duchess of Montagu at the sale of James West, Esq., and presented to Henry Lyte -- Contains annotations of various periods relating to the Lyte Family -- Engraved armorial bookplate, pasted to inside of front board, of James Frampton with motto "Perseverando"--Purchased from Stonehill, 30 June 1945.
Former shelfmark: Ms 4140 (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library).
Former shelfmark: x 264.02 C28ho 1390 (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library).
|描述：||165 leaves : parchment, ill. ; 155 x 115 (98 x 63) mm. bound to 163 x 124 mm.|
|其他题名：||Book of hours (Ms. Lyte family)
Lyte Family Book of Hours
Horae B.M.V. secundum consuetudinem Angliae
- Mary, -- Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Prayer-books and devotions -- Latin -- Early works to 1800.
- Catholic Church -- Prayer-books and devotions -- Latin -- Early works to 1800.
- Catholic Church -- Liturgy -- Texts -- Early works to 1800.
- Catholic Church. -- Book of hours (Ms. Lyte family)
- Devotional literature, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Early works to 1800.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- England.
- Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval -- Belgium.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern) -- Illinois -- Urbana.