Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||William Shakespeare; William Shakespeare; Macbeth, King of Scotland; William Shakespeare|
|Material Type:||Graphic, Original artwork, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Louis Rhead; Charles Lamb
|Notes:||Title derived from penned note above image. Additional penned note beneath image reads: The apparition - Macbeth, Macbeth, beware Macduff, beware the Thane of Fife.
Illustration was designed for an edition of Lamb's Tales, copyrighted 1918. Depicts Macbeth, the witches, and the apparition of the armored head.
For a microfilm copy of the Folger's entire collection of Rhead original illustrations for Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare, see reel 1 of Film Fo. 2659.
Provenance: Items were purchased by the Folgers from Arthur H. Clark Co. of Cleveland in November of 1921. Formerly ART Inv. 441 (Cs. 1007).
|Description:||1 drawing : pen and ink, image 504 x 341 mm.|
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616. -- Macbeth. -- Act 4. -- Scene 1,
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Characters -- Macbeth,
- Macbeth, -- King of Scotland, -- active 11th century -- In literature,
- Shakespeare, William, -- 1564-1616 -- Characters -- Weïrd Sisters,
- Weïrd Sisters (Fictitious characters),