|提及的人：||Abraham Wendell; George T Wendell; Jacob A T Wendell; Frederic Baraga; John Jacob Astor; William B Astor; Henry Rowe Schoolcraft; Stephanie Gott|
|複製注釋：||Boxes 1-4 are available on 4 microfilm reels of microfilm, MircoMss. F 65.1.|
|描述：||2.25 cubic ft. (in 5 boxes)|
The collection, 1803-1992 and undated (scattered), includes: business records, personal and political correspondence, legal documents, biographies and genealogies, drafts of speeches, plat maps, reminiscences, and other items generated or collected by the Wendell and Fenton families of Mackinac Island (Mich.). There are extensive correspondence and government business accounts of Abraham Wendell and some material on his sons, George and Jacob A.T. Wendell, including correspondence with Bishop Baraga, 1857. There are correspondence and business records of Charles B. Fenton and his son, Charles W. Fenton. There is correspondence of Stephanie Gott relative to early plans for restoring and preserving Mackinac Island grounds and buildings, 1925-1929; Marquette Monument Association materials, 1877-1909; and correspondence concerning the deposit, 1977.(Boxes 1-4). A later addition (Box 5) includes correspondence and other records of the American Fur Company, with letters from John Jacob and William B. Astor to their agents at Mackinac, Robert Stuart and Robert Maxwell, and a letter from Henry R. Schoolcraft, 1803-1929, undated. Also, there is correspondence concerning the deposit, 1981-1982. The collection was on deposit at the Clarke Historical Library, but was returned to the Mackinac Island State Historic Parks Commission in April 2001.
- American Fur Company.
- Michigan. -- Mackinac Island State Park Commission -- History.
- Grace Dormer (Steamer)
- Wendell, Abraham, -- 1791-1851.
- Wendell, George T., -- 1824-1879.
- Wendell, Jacob A. T. -- (Jacob A. Theodore), -- 1826-1879.
- Baraga, Frederic, -- 1797-1868.
- Astor, John Jacob, -- 1763-1848.
- Astor, William B. -- (William Blackhouse), -- 1792-1875.
- Schoolcraft, Henry Rowe, -- 1793-1864.
- Fur trade -- United States.
- Fur trade -- Northwest, Old.
- Customs administration -- Michigan.
- Mackinac Island (Mich.) -- History.
- Great Lakes (North America) -- History.
- Marquette Monument Association.
- Gott, Stephanie.