Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Antoni Libera; Agnieszka Kołakowska
|Description:||vi, 439 pages ; 22 cm|
|Responsibility:||Antoni Libera ; translated from the Polish by Agnieszka Kołakowska.|
"In a sequence of marvelously funny but sobering maneuvers, he finds out much more than he expected - about politics, Poland, and the Spanish Civil War, and his own passion for theater and art - all while his loved one continues to elude him. Yet without his realizing it, his efforts - largely bookish and literary - to close in on Madame are his first steps to liberation as an artist.
Later, during a stint as a teacher-in-training in his old school, he discovers that he himself has become a legendary figure to a new generation of students, and he begins to understand the deceits and blessings of myth, and its redemptive power."--Jacket.
- Young men -- Poland -- Fiction.
- First loves -- Fiction.
- Teacher-student relationships -- Poland -- Fiction.
- Poland -- Politics and government -- 1945- -- Fiction.
- First loves.
- Political science.
- Teacher-student relationships.
- Young men.
User lists with this item (2)
- Things to Check Out(81 items)
by kebyerscarter54 updated 2014-03-28
- International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award winners and finalists(115 items)
by I-UNIVLIB updated 2009-12-18