Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Longhurst; Jack M Bethards
|Notes:||"A symphonic organ for the world's largest theater auditorium" (reprint of article by Jack Bethards in The American organist, Jan. 2004)--p. 177-181.|
|Description:||xi, 210 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm + 1 audio disc (digital ; 4 3/4 in.)|
|Contents:||A growing church --
A glimpse at music in the LDS Church --
The organs at Temple Square --
A new edifice, a new organ --
In search of a builder --
The facade --
Refining the stop list --
The console --
Installation and tonal finishing --
The finished organ --
Appendix. Pipe scale chart. The console platform. Graffiti found inside the organ case. A symphonic organ for the world's largest theater auditorium. Console control layout. Schoenstein & Co. pipe organ tonal color wheel.
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
Magnum Opus: a great book
Compared to my books at home never has one book been some amazing that this singular book. this book is by far one of the greatest I have ever read, and my gosh perfectly describes the selections of organ builders at just...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Conference Center (Salt Lake City, Utah) -- Organs.
- Organ (Musical instrument) -- Construction -- Utah -- Salt Lake City.
- Salt Lake City (Utah) -- Buildings, structures, etc.
- Conference Center (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Organ (Musical instrument)
- Organ (Musical instrument) -- Construction.
- Utah -- Salt Lake City.