|類型/形式：||Detective and mystery fiction
Detective and mystery stories
M Louisa Locke
|描述：||327 pages ; 23 cm|
|責任：||by M. Louisa Locke.|
"It's the summer of 1879, and Annie Fuller, a young San Francisco widow, is in trouble. Annie's husband squandered her fortune before committing suicide five years earlier, and one of his creditors is now threatening to take the boardinghouse she owns to pay off a debt. Annie Fuller also has a secret. She supplements her income by giving domestic and business advice as Madam Sibyl, one of San Francisco's most exclusive clairvoyants, and one of Madam Sibyl's clients, Matthew Voss, has died. The police believe his death was suicide brought upon by bankruptcy, but Annie believes Voss has been murdered and that his assets have been stolen. Nate Dawson has a problem. As the Voss family lawyer, he would love to believe that Matthew Voss didn't leave his grieving family destitute. But that would mean working with Annie Fuller, a woman who alternatively attracts and infuriates him as she shatters every notion he ever had of proper ladylike behavior. Sparks fly as Annie and Nate pursue the truth about the murder of Matthew Voss in this light-hearted historical mystery set in the foggy gas-lit world of Victorian San Francisco."--Back cover.
- Women detectives -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Widows -- Fiction.
- Boardinghouses -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Clairvoyants -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Lawyers -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation.
- Women detectives.
- California -- San Francisco.