도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|추가적인 물리적 형식:||Online version:
Armstrong, William H. (William Howard), 1932-
Kent, Ohio : Kent State University Press, c2000
|명시된 사람:||William McKinley; William McKinley; William McKinley; William McKinley|
|자료 유형:||전기, 정부 간행물, 주 또는 도 정부 간행물|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
William H Armstrong
|설명:||xvi, 191 p. : ill., map ; 23 cm.|
|책임:||William H. Armstrong.|
After the war, as a young lawyer and congressman, he defended the rights of freedmen and continued to do so long after others had tired of the cause. He also reached out to former Confederate soldiers in an effort to help restore unity to a divided country; this initiative eventually overshadowed and diminished his advocacy of civil rights. Drawing on a wide variety of sources, including McKinley's own papers and the diaries and letters of men who served with him, this book presents a new picture of McKinley as a soldier and provides a fresh appreciation of his later life as a veteran in politics."--BOOK JACKET.
- McKinley, William, -- 1843-1901.
- McKinley, William, -- 1843-1901 -- Military leadership.
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Army -- Biography.
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
- McKinley, William -- (1843-1901).
- McKinley, William -- (1843-1901) -- Leadership militaire.
- Ohio (États-Unis) -- 19e siècle.
- États-Unis -- 1861-1865 (Guerre de Sécession).