Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Making leisure provision for people with profound learning and multiple disabilities.
London : Chapman & Hall, 1995
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J Hogg; J Cavet
|ISBN:||0412411504 9780412411502 1565931254 9781565931251|
|Description:||x, 267 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Part 1 Present provision and needs: sources of information about the leisure of people with profound and multiple disability, Judith Cavet; the ecology of leisure provision - contexts and engagement, James Hogg; leisure provision in Europe, Judith Cavet. Part 2 Environments and activities: multisensory environments, Judith Cavet and Helen Mount; physical activities, Mark Leach and Howard Bailey; task-orientated enjoyment, Freda Abro; gardening - a multisensory experience, Loretto Lambe; art, drama and music, Helen Mount; holidays and outings, Loretto Lambe and Helen Mount; play materials, Carol Ouvry and Suzie Mitchell; microtechnology, Nick Pronger; aromatherapy, Helen Sanderson. Part 3 Leisure training for parents, carers and volunteers: leisure workshops for parents and carers, Loretto Lambe; the development of a leisure resource training pack for those working with people with profound and multiple disabilities, Loretto Lambe.|
|Responsibility:||edited by J. Hogg and J. Cavet.|
- Learning disabled -- Services for -- Great Britain.
- People with disabilities -- Services for -- Great Britain.
- Recreation areas and people with disabilities -- Great Britain.
- Leisure -- Great Britain -- Planning.
- Learning disabled -- Services for.
- Leisure -- Planning.
- People with disabilities -- Services for.
- Recreation areas and people with disabilities.
- Great Britain.
- Vrije tijd.
- Meervoudig gehandicapten.
- Physically handicapped persons -- Recreations