Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
O'Malley, Andrew, 1968-
Making of the modern child.
New York : Routledge, 2003
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource (ix, 189 pages) : illustrations.|
|Contents:||The coach and six : chapbook residue in late eighteenth-century children's literature --
Class relations in middle-class children's literature : interacting with and representing the poor and the rich --
The medical management of the late eighteenth-century child --
Towards the self-regulating subject : teaching discipline in pedagogical systems and children's books --
Molding the middle-class subject of the future : applied lessons and the construction of gender roles --
The trajectory of children's literature into the early nineteenth century : moving toward a middle-class form of fantasy.
|Series Title:||Children's literature and culture, 28.|
- Children's literature, English -- History and criticism.
- English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.
- Children -- Books and reading -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.
- Children -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.
- LITERARY CRITICISM -- European -- English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh.
- Children -- Books and reading.
- Children's literature, English.
- English literature.
- Great Britain.