도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
Galley proofs (Printing)
|명시된 사람:||Charles Scribner; F Scott Fitzgerald; Wallace Meyer; Arthur Mizener|
|문서 형식:||아카이브 자료|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
|설명:||.20 linear ft. (1 half-size archival box)|
The typescripts, some carbon copies, mostly with autograph corrections and additions, are of the outline, table of contents, and editorial notes for each of the four chapters of the book.
The correspondence is chiefly with the publishers CHARLES SCRIBNER'S SONS, and Charles Scribner and Wallace Meyer. Included is a letter dated October 7, 1949, in it Scribner introduces the idea of the book to Cowley, after having discussed it with Cowley's agent Harold Ober. There is a letter from Meyer dated October 10, 1950, on planning the dust jacket and the title of the book. The original title was "A Selection of 27 Short Stories" instead of "28 Short Stories." The rest of the correspondence is between Cowley and Arthur Mizener as the author of a Fitzgerald biography, and was also preparing a book on Fitzgerald's unpublished short stories. Finally there are galley proofs of the introduction, the editorial notes, and of the epilogue.
- Scribner, Charles, -- 1854-1930 -- Correspondence.
- Fitzgerald, F. Scott -- (Francis Scott), -- 1896-1940.
- Meyer, Wallace -- Correspondence.
- Mizener, Arthur -- Correspondence.
- Charles Scribner's Sons -- History -- Sources.
- Stories of F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Authors, American -- 20th century.
- Editors -- 20th century -- Correspondence.
- Publishers and publishing -- 20th century -- Correspondence.