Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Conference papers and proceedings
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Managing the environment: international economic cooperation for pollution control.
New York, Praeger Publishers 
|Material Type:||Conference publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Allen V Kneese; Sidney E Rolfe; Joseph W Harned; Atlantic Council of the United States.; Battelle Memorial Institute.
|Notes:||Outgrowth of a conference organized by the Atlantic Council of the United States and the Battelle Memorial Institute, held Jan. 15-17, 1971, at the Dept. of State, Washington, D.C.|
|Description:||xxxvii, 356 pages illustrations 25 cm.|
|Contents:||pt. 1. The economics and technology of environmental management: 1. The economics of environmental management / Allen V. Kneese --
2. Environmental management and the international economy / Harald B. Malmgren --
3. Environmental quality: the technological state of the art / Battelle Memorial Institute --
pt. 2. National and international governmental approaches: 4. Goals and strategy for environmental quality improvement in the United States / Russell E. Train --
5. Assumptions made by the Canadian government in establishing strategies for environmental improvement / J.W. MacNeill --
6. Political and institutional aspects of environmental management: the European experience / Robert Toulemon --
7. Urgent environmental problems in Japan / Japanese Government Headquarters for Environmental Pollution Countermeasures --
8. The need for intergovernmental cooperation and coordination in environmental policy / Gerard Eldin.
|Series Title:||Praeger special studies in international economics and development.|
|Responsibility:||Edited by Allen V. Kneese, Sidney E. Rolfe [and] Joseph W. Harned.|