Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Government publication, National government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J H Simpson; Edward Weber & Co.; United States. Army. Corps of Engineers.
|Notes:||Relief shown by hachures.
Shows natural resources and camp stops along overland route taken by emigrants and military escort from Tucumcari to Santa Fe and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Includes "Table of Distances from Fort Smith [Arkansas], with suggestions," and notes on vegetation and water sources.
"Exploration and survey terminated at Santa Fé June 28th 1849."
In upper right corner of map: "Senate Executive Doc. No. 12, 1st Session of Congress."
North oriented toward upper left corner of map, with note, "Variation 11 3/4 East."
|Description:||1 map ; 27 x 49 cm, folded to 22 x 10 cm|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale [1:633,600] 1 inch = 10 miles; (W 107Â°00Ê¹--W 103Â°30Ê¹/N 36Â°30Ê¹--N 34Â°30Ê¹).|
|Responsibility:||by 1st Lieut. J.H. Simpson, 1849.|
- Discoveries in geography -- Maps.
- Trails -- Southwestern States -- Maps.
- Roads -- New Mexico -- Maps.
- Trails -- New Mexico -- Maps.
- New Mexico -- Discovery and exploration -- Maps.
- Southwestern States -- Discovery and exploration -- Maps.
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Maps.
- Tucumcari (N.M.) -- Maps.
- Discoveries in geography.
- New Mexico.
- New Mexico -- Santa Fe.
- New Mexico -- Tucumcari.
- United States -- Southwestern States.