Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Henry Spingler; John Houghton, Manhattan property owner.; George P Rogers; Thomas Pringle|
|Document Type:||Map, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gardner A Sage; W B Doughty; Uzal W Freeman; DeWitt McClellan Lockman
|Notes:||Cadastral map. Covers the area later bounded by 12th and 16th Streets, Broadway and 6th Avenue, Manhattan, New York (N.Y.) Shows property and lot lines, lot numbers, buildings and owners' names. Gives some dimensions.
Date of situation 1830 Dec. This date known from Doughty's own 1843 copy of the original.
Date of this ms. copy 1840 Sep. 14.
Attributed to Doughty by Sage's verso text.
Title devised by cataloger.
Pen-and-ink (black and color), pencil on paper.
Lightly soiled and foxed.
On verso: D.
Includes later annotations in part based on "a map made of lots on 13th St. Feb 8, 1817 by Uzall W. Freeman," in part on Sage Surveys of 1847 and 1850.
|Description:||1 map on 2 assembled sheets : ms., col. ; 42 x 66 cm.|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale not given; (W 73Â°59Ê¹40Êº/N 40Â°44Ê¹10Êº).|
|Other Titles:||Map of part of the property belonging to the estate of the late Henry Spingler between Broadway and 6th Avenue in the 9th and 12th Wards of the City of New York
Estate of Henry Spingler, Thirteenth, Fourteenth and Fifteenth Streets and Fifth Avenue
Est. of Henry Spingler, 13th, 14th & 15th Streets and 5th Avenue
|Responsibility:||by Doughty, Wm. B. / copied ... by Gardner A. Sage.|
- Greenwich Village (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Union Square (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Flatiron (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Lower Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Spingler, Henry -- Estate.
- Houghton, John, -- Manhattan property owner.
- Rogers, George P.
- Pringle, Thomas.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Buildings -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.