Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Randolph B Marcy; Randolph B Marcy|
|Material Type:||Government publication, National government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
J H Simpson; Edward Meyer Kern; Thos A P Champlin; United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.; Edward Weber & Co.
|Notes:||Relief shown by hachures.
Shows Indian habitations, military outposts, river crossings, wooded areas, physical landmarks, wagon roads and trails from Fort Smith, Arkansas to Old Fort Holmes in Indian Territory en route to Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Includes table of distances and descriptive notes.
In upper right corner of map: Senate Executive Doc. No. 12, 1st Session 31. Congress.
"Map of Route pursued by U.S. Troops from Fort Smith, Arkansas, to Santa Fé, New Mexico, via south side of Canadian River in the year 1849. Whilst serving as an Escort to a party of California Emigrants. Escort commanded and location and construction of Road directed by Capt. R.B. Marcy 5th Infy. assisted as far as Topofke Creek by Bvt. Capt. F.T. Dent 5th Infy. Exploration and Survey of the route by 1st Lieut. James H. Simpson, Corps U.S. Topl. Engrs."
"Projected and Drawn by Lieut. Simpson, assisted by Mr. E.M. Kern and Mr. Champlin."
Date from title.
"Lith. by E Weber & Co., Balto."
North oriented toward upper right corner of map with note: "variation 9° east."
|Description:||1 map ; 27 x 47 cm.|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale [1:645,000]. 10 miles = 1 inch.; [W 97Â°30Ê¹--W 94Â°30Ê¹/N 36Â°00Ê¹--N 34Â°30Ê¹].|
- Marcy, Randolph B. -- (Randolph Barnes), -- 1812-1887.
- Indians of North America -- Maps.
- Military bases -- United States -- Maps.
- West (U.S.) -- Discovery and exploration -- Maps.
- United States -- Discovery and exploration -- Maps.
- Arkansas River -- Discovery and exploration -- Maps.
- Canadian River -- Discovery and exploration -- Maps.
- Discoveries in geography.
- Indians of North America.
- Military bases.
- Canada -- Canadian River.
- United States.
- United States -- Arkansas River.
- United States, West.