Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Richard F Carman|
|Document Type:||Map, Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gardner A Sage
|Notes:||Date of map situations between 1859 and 1860, based on accompanying documents.
Date of ms. based on date of situation.
Title devised by cataloger.
Maps attributed to Sage by cataloger, based on accompanying documents.
Pen-and-ink, pencil and watercolor on paper; accompanying material pen-and-ink on paper.
Soiled, torn and patched with tape.
Accompanied by 4 documents. The "Specifications" describe a project "for working a County Road through 151st Street from the easterly side of 11th Avenue ... to connect with the Pier at the foot of 152nd Street." Other documents include an "Agreement" between Gardner A. Sage and Richard F. Carman, a waiver from Thomas Rutter of the Hudson River Railroad Company to Carman, and Sage's "Statement of materials furnished and work done ..."
|Description:||2 maps on 1 sheet : ms., color ; 36 x 136 cm or smaller, on sheet of same size + 4 texts (ms. ; 32 x 47 cm or smaller)|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale not given; (W 73Â°56Ê¹50Êº/N 40Â°49Ê¹50Êº).|
|Other Titles:||Map of the area later bounded by One Hundred Fifty-first and One Hundred Fifty-second Streets, Amsterdam Avenue and the Hudson River, Manhattan, New York (N.Y.)|
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Hamilton Heights (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Railroads -- New York (State) -- New York -- Design and construction -- Earthwork -- Maps.
- Streets -- New York (State) -- New York -- Planning -- Maps.
- Roads -- New York (State) -- New York -- Design and construction -- Maps.
- Roads -- Specifications -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Piers -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Buildings -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Carman, Richard F.
- Hudson River Railroad.