Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Richard F Carman; Margaret Chesbrough|
|Document Type:||Map, Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gardner A Sage; Francis Nicholson; Jacob Rudolphy; DeWitt McClellan Lockman
|Notes:||Cadastral map. Shows property lines, buildings, existing roads and bridges and proposed streets. Also shows "original line of high water mark," "present high water mark" and "Harbor Commissioners exterior line."
Date of situation April 1858.
Title devised by cataloger.
Pen-and-ink (black and color), watercolor, pencil on paper.
Accompanied by ms. document describing property bounds depicted on the map. Also accompanied by a newspaper cutting dated 1864 Dec. 15 and headed, "Supreme Court - In the matter of the application ... of the City of New-York, by the Croton Acqueduct Board of said city, relative to the acquiring of lands for a reservoir ... between One Hundred and Seventy-second and One Hundred and Seventy-fifth streets ..."
|Description:||1 map : ms., color ; 26 x 40 cm + 2 texts|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale not given; (W 73Â°56Ê¹00Êº/N 40Â°50Ê¹20Êº).|
|Other Titles:||Map of the area later bounded by One Hundred Seventy-fourth and One Hundred Seventy-eighth Streets, the Harlem River and Audubon Avenue, Manhattan, New York (N.Y.)|
|Responsibility:||compiled from map by Francis Nicholson and Jacob Rudolphy ; drawn by Gardner A. Sage.|
- Washington Heights (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Inwood (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Croton Aqueduct (N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Bridges -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Aqueducts -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Tide-waters -- Maps.
- Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Fills (Earthwork) -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Carman, Richard F.
- Chesbrough, Margaret.