Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Edwd Doughty, surveyor.; Henry Hamilton Schieffelin; R R Ward, Manhattan property owner.; Thomas J Stevens, Manhattan property owner.; R I Schieffelin; William Semler; Benjamin F Ryer; Samuel B Ruggles; Ridley Watts; Frederick De Peyster|
|Document Type:||Map, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gardner A Sage; DeWitt McClellan Lockman
|Notes:||Cadastral and street sewer planning map. Shows property and lot lines, lot numbers and owners' names. Gives some dimensions. Also shows existing roads and proposed streets.
Date and statement of responsibility from series index sheet.
Sheet title devised by cataloger.
Pen-and-ink (black and color), watercolor, pencil on paper.
Soiled, slightly frayed. Holes at left margin suggest that all the series sheets were at one time bound together.
Index map filed at head of series.
Series title derived from pencilled coverage note on index sheet: "Assessment maps for building the following sewers: 2nd Avenue from 10th to 22nd Street, 18th Street from 2nd Avenue to Bulkhead, 20th Street from 2nd to 3d Avenue." Series numbering also from index sheet.
|Description:||1 map : ms., col. ; 54 x 74 cm.|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale not given; (W 73Â°59Ê¹20Êº/N 40Â°44Ê¹40Êº).|
|Series Title:||Assessment maps for building sewers along 2nd Avenue, 2.|
|Other Titles:||Map of the area later bounded by Twenty-fourth and Twenty-eighth Streets, Park and Fifth Avenues, Manhattan, New York (N.Y.)|
- Rose Hill (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Madison Square Park (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- House of Refuge (New York, N.Y.)
- Doughty, Edwd. -- (Edward), -- surveyor.
- Schieffelin, Henry Hamilton, -- 1783-1865.
- Ward, R. R., -- Manhattan property owner.
- Stevens, Thomas J., -- Manhattan property owner.
- Schieffelin, R. I.
- Semler, William.
- Ryer, Benjamin F.
- Ruggles, Samuel B. -- (Samuel Bulkley), -- 1800-1881.
- Watts, Ridley.
- De Peyster, Frederick.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Storm sewers -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.