Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Map, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gardner A Sage; R J Dodge, surveyor.; W B Doughty; Saml S Doughty; Edwd Doughty, surveyor.; Edwin Smith, surveyor.
|Notes:||Cadastral map. Shows property and lot lines, lot numbers, buildings and owner's name. Gives some dimensions.
Original attributed to "Doughty" by verso text. It is uncertain whether William B., Samuel S. or Edward Doughty is meant.
Date of situation after ca. 1830, given that property lines are nearly aligned with Randel's street grid. Date before 1857, the last year during which Samuel S. Doughty registered as a city surveyor--cf. Valentine, D.T. Manual of the Corporation of the City of New York for 18--
Date of ms. between 1852 and 1870, based on dates of Dodge's known activity--cf. Valentine, op. cit.
Title devised by cataloger.
Pen-and-ink, watercolor, pencil on paper.
On verso: E.
|Description:||1 map : ms., col. ; 28 x 41 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Map of the area later bounded by Second and Sixth Streets, First Avenue and the Bowery, Manhattan, New York (N.Y.)
|Responsibility:||copied ; from a copy made by E. Smith ; Robert J. Dodge ; ex[amined] G.A.S.|
- East Village (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Lower East Side (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Lower Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Street addresses -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Buildings -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.