Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Map, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John J Serrell; Gardner A Sage; DeWitt McClellan Lockman
|Notes:||Cadastral map. Shows property and lot lines, some block and lot numbers, street addresses, owners' names. Gives some dimensions.
Date of series situation between 1853 and 1855--cf. Stewart, Ian R. Politics and the Park. In NYHS Quarterly 61:3, 147ff.
Date of ms. based on date of series situation.
Note in Sage's handwriting on verso of sheet 52 of series makes the attribution to "J.J. Serrell."
Sheet title devised by cataloger.
Pen-and-ink (black and color), pencil on paper.
Watermark on most sheets: J. Whatman Turkey Mill 1853.
Soiled. A few sheets in series slightly frayed.
Includes annotations in various hands.
Series covers the area later bounded by 32nd and 80th Streets, 6th and 11th Avenues. Series title by cataloger, based on Stewart, op. cit., and verso annotation to sheet 51 of the companion southeastern quadrant series. Original numbering in upper right corner of sheet.
|Description:||1 map on 2 assembled sheets : ms., col. ; 44 x 58 cm.|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale [ca. 1:600]; (W 74Â°00Ê¹00Êº--W 73Â°58Ê¹20Êº/N 40Â°47Ê¹10Êº--N 40Â°44Ê¹50Êº).|
|Series Title:||Central Park assessment district map series., South western division ;, no. 1.|
|Other Titles:||Map of the area later bounded by Thirty-second and Thirty-fifth Streets, Seventh and Eighth Avenues, Manhattan, New York (N.Y.)|
- Garment District (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Midtown Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Midtown South (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Street addresses -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Asylums -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- New York Institution for the Blind.