Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Richard F Carman|
|Document Type:||Map, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gardner A Sage; DeWitt McClellan Lockman
|Notes:||Cadastral and street planning map. Covers two lots facing Broadway and just north of Beaver Street. Shows property and lot lines, buildings and owners' names. Gives some dimensions.
Date of situation after 1833, at which time the parcel shown was owned by William Jauncey not Thorne nor Carman--cf. ms. map by Joseph F. Bridges, Map of the area later bounded by Wall Street, William Street, Beaver Street and Broadway ... Date probably ca. 1835, at which time New Street was widened--cf. Post, John J. Old streets, roads, lanes ... NY: Cooke, 1882, p.73.
Date of ms. based on date of situation.
Attributed to Sage by cataloger, based on lettering style.
Title devised by cataloger.
Pen-and-ink (black and color), pencil on paper.
Soiled, stained, frayed.
|Description:||1 map on 2 assembled sheets : ms. ; 30 x 90 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Col. Thorne, Broadway & New St
Colonel Thorne, Broadway and New Street
- Wall Street (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Financial District, southeast quadrant (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Lower Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Carman, Richard F.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Streets -- New York (State) -- New York -- Planning -- Maps.
- Buildings -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.