Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Peter Goelet, Manhattan property owner.; Stephen Whitney, Manhattan property owner.|
|Document Type:||Map, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Gardner A Sage; J F Bridges; Edward W Bridges; DeWitt McClellan Lockman
|Notes:||Cadastral map. Shows property and lot lines, some owners' names. Gives some dimensions.
Date of situation certainly after 1825, when Edward W. Bridges began surveying, and probably after 1830, when Joseph F. Bridges began. Date probably before the 1847 first survey of this area by Sage; the map was found among Sage's papers.
Date of ms. 1847-1857, based on dates Sage conducted surveys in this area.
Original tentatively attributed to Joseph F. Bridges by cataloger; this copy attributed to Sage.
Title devised by cataloger.
Oriented with north to upper right of sheet.
Pen-and-ink, pencil on paper.
Lightly soiled and foxed.
On verso: pencil sketch.
Accompanying material shows same area, gives more dimensions.
|Description:||1 map : ms. ; 20 x 33 cm + 1 map (ms. ; 20 x 33 cm)|
|Other Titles:||Goelet on Morris, Washington & West Streets
Goelet on Morris, Washington and West Streets
|Responsibility:||Bridges ; [a copy].|
- Wall Street (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Financial District, southwest quadrant (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Lower Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Goelet, Peter, -- Manhattan property owner.
- Whitney, Stephen, -- Manhattan property owner.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Landowners -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.