Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Document Type:||Map, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edwd Doughty, surveyor.; Isaac T Ludlam; Daniel Ewen; Thos R Ludlam; F P Vidal; Amos Corning; Edward W Bridges
|Notes:||Hydrologic and cadastral map. Covers the area later bounded by Houston Street, the Bowery, Pearl Street or Thomas Street and West Street, Manhattan, New York (N.Y.) Shows ponds, streams and wetlands, also some property lines.
Key indicates that relief was shown by spot heights, although these numbers are not immediately discernable on the map itself.
This edition of the ms. is certified on recto by Amos Corning and five other surveyors concurring in his opinion, to wit, "Having carefully examined this Map made by Ed Doughty, and compared it with maps and Documents in my own possession as well as with my own knowledge & recollection of the same District of the City I Do hereby certify the same to be a correct representation of the subject to which it refers: showing the depression of the low and elevation of the high ground, as also the situation and extent of the Meadows and collect, with sufficient accuracy for all the interests [as] [????] [as] thereof; but if varying at all, exhibiting such depression, elevation and extent as rather less [not?] mor[e than] was actually the case New York 6 June 1823 Amos Corning City Surveyor."
Pen-and-ink, watercolor, pencil on paper.
Soiled, cracked and frayed, brittle; mounted on exposed blueprint paper and patched with tape. Some colors badly faded.
Imperfect: 1 cm. cropped along left margin, lacking small sections upper and lower margin.
Includes color key.
|Description:||1 map : ms., color ; 52 x 72 cm|
|Cartographic Mathematical Data:||Scale not given; (W 74Â°00Ê¹20Êº/N 40Â°43Ê¹20Êº).|
- SoHo (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Tribeca (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Civic Center (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Chinatown (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Little Italy (Manhattan, New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Delancey Street District (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Lower East Side (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Lower Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) -- Maps.
- Real property -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Ponds -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Rivers -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Wetlands -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.
- Fills (Earthwork) -- New York (State) -- New York -- Maps.