Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Comics (Graphic works)
Coretta Scott King Award (Author): Honor book
Comic books, strips, etc
Autobiographical comic books, strips, etc
Biography Comic books, strips, etc
|Named Person:||John Lewis|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
John Lewis; Andrew Aydin; Nate Powell; Chris Ross; Top Shelf Productions (Marietta, Ga.),
|ISBN:||9781603093002 1603093001 9781480625006 1480625000 9781484402597 1484402596 9780606324366 0606324364|
"March is a vivid first-hand account of John Lewis' lifelong struggle for civil and human rights, meditating in the modern age on the distance traveled since the days of Jim Crow and segregation. Rooted in Lewis' personal story, it also reflects on the highs and lows of the broader civil rights movement."--Back cover flap.
"Designed by Chris Ross and Nate Powell"--Colophon.
Book one of a graphic novel trilogy.
|Awards:||Coretta Scott King Author Honor, 2014.|
|Description:||121 pages : chiefly illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Responsibility:||John Lewis ; [co-written by] Andrew Aydin ; [art by] Nate Powell.|
Congressman Lewis, with Michael D'Orso's assistance, told his story most impressively in Walking with the Wind (1998). Fortunately, it's such a good story-a sharecropper's son rises to eminence by
- Lewis, John, -- 1940 February 21- -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- United States. -- Congress. -- House -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- African American legislators -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- African American civil rights workers -- Biography -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Graphic novels.
- Comic books, strips, etc.
User lists with this item (23)
- Library Card Wish List(395 items)
by danielclarksonfisher updated about 20 hours ago
- Graphic Nonfiction(17 items)
by mccarthys updated about 2 weeks ago
- New Books GEN(120 items)
by BrookensLibrary updated about a month ago
- Children's & Young Adult Books(353 items)
by BLCLibrary updated 2015-08-26
- New Books July 2015(78 items)
by BrookensLibrary updated 2015-08-03