Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Léonard Autié; Marie Antoinette, Queen consort of Louis XVI King of France; Marie Antoinette, Queen consort of Louis XVI King of France; Léonard Autié; Marie Antoinette, Queen consort of Louis XVI King of France|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xix, 299 pages, 16 pages of color plates : illustrations (some color), map ; 24 cm|
"For the better part of the Queen Marie Antoinette's reign over France, one man was entrusted with the sole responsibility of ensuring that her coiffure was at its most ostentatious best. Marie Antoinette's Head tells the story of Leonard Autie, Marie Antoinette's hairdresser and confidante, the man responsible for the style that made her the envy of France and for the uproar that dragged her to the guillotine"--
A New York Post "Must-Read" BookA Mental Floss "Favorite Read"Entertaining ... captures details of an extraordinary time and place. An engaging...narrative of a celebrity hairstylist, circa 1789.
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
This enjoyable and informative biography looks at the life of Leonard Autie, the celebrated and famous hairdresser, who personally cared for the locks of Queen Marie Antoinette. Just when you thought...
- 5 of 5 people found this review helpful. Did it help you?
- Autié, Léonard, -- 1751?-1820.
- Marie Antoinette, -- Queen, consort of Louis XVI, King of France, -- 1755-1793.
- Marie Antoinette, -- Queen, consort of Louis XVI, King of France, -- 1755-1793 -- Friends and associates.
- France -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793.
- France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799.
- France -- Court and courtiers -- Biography.
- HISTORY / Europe / France.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Royalty.
- Courts and courtiers.