Vyhledat exemplář v knihovně
Vyhledávání knihoven, které vlastní tento dokument...
|Osoba:||Léonard Autié; Marie Antoinette, Queen consort of Louis XVI King of France; Marie Antoinette, Queen consort of Louis XVI King of France|
|Popis:||xix, 299 pages, 16 pages of color plates : illustrations (some color), map ; 24 cm|
"Marie Antoinette's Head: The Royal Hairdresser, The Queen, and the Revolution charts the rise of Léonard Autié from humble origins as a country barber in the south of France to the inventor of the Pouf and premier hairdresser to Queen Marie-Antoinette. By unearthing a variety of sources from the 18th and 19th centuries, including memoirs (including Léonard's own), court documents, and archived periodicals the author, French History professor and expert Will Bashor, tells Autie's mostly unknown story. Bashor chronicles Leonard's story, the role he played in the life of his most famous client, and the chaotic and history-making world in which he rose to prominence. Besides his proximity to the queen, Léonard also had a most fascinating life filled with sex (he was the only man in a female dominated court), seduction, intrigue, espionage, theft, exile, treason, and possibly, execution. The French press reported that Léonard was convicted of treason and executed in Paris in 1793. However, it was also recorded that Léonard, after receiving a pension from the new King Louis XVIII, died in Paris in March 1820. Granted, Léonard was known as the magician of Marie-Antoinette's court, but how was it possible that he managed to die twice?" -- Publisher's website.
Recenze uživatele WorldCat (1)
This enjoyable and informative biography looks at the life of Leonard Autie, the celebrated and famous hairdresser, who personally cared for the locks of Queen Marie Antoinette. Just when you thought...
- 5 z 5 lidí si myslí, že tato recenze je užitečná. Pomohla také vám?
Související předmětová hesla:(8)
- Autié, Léonard, -- 1751?-1820.
- Marie Antoinette, -- Queen, consort of Louis XVI, King of France, -- 1755-1793.
- Marie Antoinette, -- Queen, consort of Louis XVI, King of France, -- 1755-1793 -- Friends and associates.
- France -- History -- Louis XVI, 1774-1793.
- France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799.
- France -- Court and courtiers -- Biography.
- HISTORY / Europe / France.
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Royalty.