|材料类型：||文献, 政府刊物, 州政府或者省政府刊物, 互联网资源|
|文件类型：||书, 计算机文档, 互联网资源|
Ted R Spencer; Toshihide Hamazaki; John H Eiler; Alaska. Division of Sport Fish.; Alaska. Division of Commercial Fisheries.
|注意：||"Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Divisions of Sport Fish and Commercial Fisheries"--Cover.
|描述：||ii, 38 p. : ill., maps ; 28 cm.|
|详述：||This item was harvested from the Fish and Game web site: http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/FedAidPDFs/fds06-31.pdf in July 2006 for the Alaska State Publications Program; remote access available via StaticURL.|
|丛书名：||Fishery data series, no. 06-31.|
|责任：||by Ted R. Spencer, Toshihide Hamazaki, and John H. Eiler.|
Abundance of adult Chinook salmon Oncorhynchus tshawytscha passing by the village of Russian Mission was estimated in 2003 as part of a radio telemetry study on the Yukon River. Drift gillnets were used to capture 2,312 salmon at Russian Mission, 1,097 of which were marked with plastic spaghetti tags and esophageal radio transmitters. Marked fish were tracked upstream to spawning grounds. Chapman's modification of Petersen's closed-population, two-event mark-recapture experiment was used to estimate abundance. The second sampling event consisted of salmon spawning in select locations or caught in select fisheries representing populations that returned early (bound for Canada), late (bound for the Koyukuk River), and mid-run (bound for the Tanana River). Of the 36,032 large salmon (= 650 mm METF) involved in the second event, 146 carried transmitters for an estimated abundance of 261,545 chinook salmon. Diagnostic testing showed this estimate to be consistent. Bootstrap simulation was used to estimate the variance (SE=18,911).
- Chinook salmon -- Yukon River Watershed (Yukon and Alaska) -- Statistics.
- Chinook salmon -- Counting -- Yukon River Watershed (Yukon and Alaska)
- Fish populations -- Estimates -- Yukon River Watershed (Yukon and Alaska)
- Fish populations -- Yukon River Watershed (Yukon and Alaska) -- Measurement.
- Chinook salmon.
- Chinook salmon -- Counting.
- Fish populations -- Estimates.
- Fish populations -- Measurement.
- North America -- Yukon River Watershed.