Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Criticism, interpretation, etc
|Named Person:||Peter Jackson; J R R Tolkien; Peter Jackson|
|Material Type:||Audio book, etc.|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Notes:||"A bimonthly audio magazine of contemporary culture & Christian conviction."
Program notes on container insert.
|Performer(s):||Narrator and interviewer; Ken Myers.|
|Description:||1 audiocassette (approximately 90 min.) : 1 7/8 ips, analog, mono|
|Contents:||Side 1. Introduction / Ken Meyers --
On how various biotechnologies promise to fulfill certain legitimate human desires in illegitimate ways / Leon Kass --
On why American churches have been negligent in promoting robust thinking about the current bioethical crisis / Nigel Cameron --
On how adults can acquire many of the benefits of a classical education by reading wisely and well / Susan Wise Bauer --
Side 2. On belief, doubt, certainty, authority, and how knowledge is acquired, sustained, and properly recognized / Esther Lightcap Meek --
On how John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Superman, and the governor of California all embody a great American myth / John Shelton Lawrence --
On the disappointing discrepancies between Peter Jackson's films and J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the rings / Ralph Wood --
On how new technologies have changed the assumptions many people have about their children / Leon Kass.
|Other Titles:||Journal 66|
- Christianity and culture.
- Popular culture.
- Christian life.
- Biotechnology -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Bioethics -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Church and the world.
- Books and reading.
- Knowledge, Theory of.
- Heroes -- United States -- Folklore.
- Heroes in mass media.
- Popular culture -- United States.
- National characteristics, American.
- United States -- Civilization -- 20th century.
- Jackson, Peter, -- 1961- -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Tolkien, J. R. R. -- (John Ronald Reuel), -- 1892-1973. -- Lord of the rings.
- Jackson, Peter, -- 1961-
- Lord of the rings (Tolkien, J.R.R.)
- United States.