Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Mary Cowden Clarke; John Keats; John Keats; Charles Cowden Clarke; Charles Cowden Clarke; Mary Cowden Clarke; John Keats|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mary Cowden Clarke; C E Flower; H Buxton Forman; Sabilla Novello; H B Peacock
|Other Titles:||Clarke, Mary Cowden : manuscript material|
· Holograph manuscript, "Mamillius's Story" : ca. 1880 : (S'ANA 0180) : within the Three Eastern Tales manuscript volume, which also contains two stories by Charles Cowden Clarke in Mary's hand. In contemporary Italian vellum binding with gilt lettering. Shelved as *Pforz A-LU 09.
· Holograph poems, "Two sonnets, after re-perusal of 'Endymion'" : 2 Apr 1884 : (S'ANA 0702b) : both poems refer to Keats's "friend Charles."
· Transcription of Shelley poems : Mar 1876 : (S'ANA 0705) : "Three of Percy Bysshe Shelley's M.S. Poems copied out for Charles Cowden Clarke by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley and transcribed for H. Buxton Forman by Mary Cowden Clarke, March 1876." 5 folded leaves, fastened together with red string at top left corner.
· To Charles E. Flower, brewer and writer on Shakespeare : 1 autograph letter signed : 13 Oct 1887 : (S'ANA 0261) : thanking him for the copy of his Shakespeare on Horseback, and for quoting her husband in it.
· To Harry Buxton Forman, bibliographer and forger : 9 autograph letters signed : 29 Apr 1877 - 30 Jul 1896 : (S'ANA 0695-0703) : including printed announcements of the deaths of Charles Cowden Clarke and J. Alfred Novello ; and a prospectus to the Clarkes's Shakespeare Key. Housed together in blue cloth folder with the bookplate of Maurice Buxton Forman.
· To "My dearest Sib" : 1 autograph letter signed : 25 Jul 1875 : (S'ANA 0939a) : on family gossip and news. Probably to her sister, Sabilla Novello.
· To H. B. Peacock, Manchester magazine editor : 3 autograph letters signed : 22 Sep 1845 -- 25 May 1847 : (S'ANA 0191-0192) (S'ANA 0554) : including an account of a performance of Johnson's "Every Man in His Humour," with Charles Dickens, John Forseter, Mark Lemon, Douglas Jerrold, and Henry Mayhew in the cast (S'ANA 0191).
· To Thomas Pickering, friend of the Novellos and the Cowden Clarkes : 13 Feb 1856 : (S'ANA 0746) : on a forthcoming farewell lecture tour to be undertaken by her husband before their leaving England for Nice.
· To a Mrs. Wright : 1 autograph letter signed : 14 Jul 1885 : (S'ANA 0939b) : accepting an invitation on behalf of herself and her sister Sabilla.