Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Personal narratives, American
|Named Person:||Mary Sheldon Barnes; Earl Barnes; David Starr Jordan; Earl Barnes; Mary Sheldon Barnes; David Starr Jordan|
|Document Type:||Book, Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Mary Sheldon Barnes; Hubert Howe Bancroft; Edwin A Sherman; Juan Caballería y Collell; John T Doyle; James Fitzmaurice-Kelly; Mary J Gates; Charles Fletcher Lummis; Archie Birmingham Rice; Horatio Nelson Rust; Thomas Savage; Moses Schallenberger; Cyrus Thomas; Frances Fuller Victor; James L Ord; Myron Eells; S A Clarke; Smithsonian Institution. Bureau of American Ethnology,
|Language Note:||In English.|
|Description:||1 carton, 1 box, 1 oversize folder.|
Collection also includes: 2 letters to Earl Barnes, Mary's husband, one of which is from John Thomas Doyle; 4 letters to David Starr Jordan, President of Stanford University, from various individuals, including Edwin Allen Sherman; 2 letters to Prof. Walter Miller from Josephine D. Johnson; 1 letter from Will Sparks to Archie Rice; letter (contemporary copy) from Dr. W.J. Hall to Mrs. Hall, Pyong Yang [Korea], Oct. 8, 1894, containing descriptions of scenes of the Chinese-Japanese War which he had witnessed in his trip from Seoul to Pyon Yang. [From internal evidence it seems likely that Dr. Hall was a Christian missionary.].
- Barnes, Mary Sheldon, -- 1850-1898 -- Archives.
- Barnes, Earl, -- 1861-1935.
- Jordan, David Starr, -- 1851-1931.
- Bancroft Library.
- Stanford University -- Faculty.
- Indians of North America -- California -- Antiquities.
- Women historians -- California.
- Women college teachers -- California.
- Sino-Japanese War, 1894-1895 -- Personal narratives, American.
- Barnes, Mary Sheldon, -- 1850-1898.
- Stanford University.
- Indians of North America -- Antiquities.
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty.
- Women college teachers.
- Women historians.