Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Smith, Elaine M., 1942-
Mary McLeod Bethune and the National Council of Negro Women.
[Washington, D.C.] : Alabama State University, for the Mary McLeod Bethune Council House, National Historic Site, National Park Service, 
|Named Person:||Mary McLeod Bethune; Mary McLeod Bethune|
|Material Type:||Government publication, National government publication|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Elaine M Smith; Alabama State University.; United States. National Park Service.
|Notes:||Title from cover.
'Historic resource study."
Shipping list no.: 2008-0051-P.
|Description:||xi, 361 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm|
|Contents:||Becoming a compelling presence: the New Deal and beyond --
Chapter 1- March towards empowerment --
Chapter 2- Womanist leader in government --
Chapter 3- Hallmarks of growth and relevancy --
1318 Vermont Avenue: expanding black women's participation in civic affairs --
Chapter 4- Victories and hopes: new home, old interests --
Chapter 5- Commendations and moving on --
Chapter 6- Still citizen extraordinaire --
Chapter 7- Council house and the public --
Annual meetings of the National Council of Negro Women, 1935-1955 --
Milestones during Mary McLeod Bethune's NCNW Presidency, 1935-1949 --
National affiliates of the National Council of Negro Women in 1949.
|Responsibility:||by Elaine M. Smith.|
- Bethune, Mary McLeod, -- 1875-1955.
- National Council of Negro Women -- History.
- African American women educators -- Biography.
- African American educators -- Biography.
- African American women -- Social conditions -- 20th century.
- African American women -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century.
- National Council of Negro Women.
- African American educators.
- African American women -- Civil rights.
- African American women educators.
- African American women -- Social conditions.