Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||M L Weems; Mathew Carey; Mathew Carey; M L Weems|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
M L Weems; Paul Leicester Ford; Emily Ellsworth Ford Skeel
|Notes:||Library holds vols. II and III only.
Vol. 1 is a bibliography left unfinished by Paul Leicester Ford. Vols. II and III: Letters 1784, edited by Emily Ellsworth Ford Skeel.
Colophon of vol. III: This work originated with Paul Leicester Ford, was edited by Mrs. Roswell Skeel junior, and printed by Richmond Mayo-Smith, all of one family.
Two hundred copies of vol. I and three hundred copies of vols. II-III have been printed by the Plimpton press of Norwood, Mass.
Most of the letters are addressed to Mathew Carey.
|Description:||3 v. : fronts. (2 col. ; v. 1: port.) ill., plates, facsims. (part double) ; 25 cm.|
|Responsibility:||edited by Emily Ellsworth Ford Skeel ...|
- Weems, M. L. -- (Mason Locke), -- 1759-1825 -- Bibliography.
- American literature -- 1783-1850 -- Bibliography.
- Booksellers and bookselling -- United States.
- Booksellers and bookselling -- Colportage, subscription trade, etc.
- Carey, Mathew, -- 1760-1839.
- Weems, M. L. -- (Mason Locke), -- 1759-1825.
- American literature.
- Booksellers and bookselling.
- United States.