Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Nonfiction television programs
Documentary television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
|Material Type:||Partial animation, Videorecording|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Jacqueline Shearer; Leslie Lee; David G McCullough; Morgan Freeman; Reel Deal (Firm); WGBH (Television station : Boston, Mass.); WNET (Television station : New York, N.Y.); KCET (Television station : Los Angeles, Calif.); PBS Video.
|Notes:||Originally released as an episode of the PBS television series The American experience.|
|Credits:||Narrated by Morgan Freeman ; director of photography, Arthur Jafa ; graphics animation and main title, Balsmeyer and Everett ; graphic design, Chris Pullman, Auson Kennedy ; edited by Lillian Benson ; videotape editors, Brad Hawes, Mary Fenton ; music consultant, Josephine Wright ; music performed by Howard University Choir.|
|Performer(s):||Host: David McCullough.|
|Description:||1 videocassette (60 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 1/2 in.|
|Contents:||The story of the first officially sanctioned regiment of northern Black soldiers formed in Boston during the Civil War.|
|Series Title:||The American Experience|
|Other Titles:||American experience (Television program)|
|Responsibility:||a Reel Deal Production for the American Experience ; presented by WGBH/Boston, WNET/New York, KCET/Los Angeles ; produced and directed by Jacqueline Shearer ; telescript by Jacqueline Shearer and Leslie Lee ; story by Jacqueline Shearer.|
- United States. -- Army. -- Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 54th (1863-1865)
- African American soldiers -- Massachusetts.
- United States -- Armed Forces -- African Americans.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- African Americans.
- Films for the hearing impaired.
- United States -- Armed forces -- African Americans.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, African American.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- United States. Army -- African American troops.
- United States. Army. Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 54th (1863-1865)