Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Fred Kimpton Hinchman|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Frances E Watkins; Robert F Heizer; M R Harrington; Volney H Jones; Southwest Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
|Notes:||Volume 19, number 5 of Southwest Museum membership publication.
"To help the Southwest fulfill the wisest of all the precepts of the Greeks - 'Know Thyself' - by unlocking to its children its underground treasure-house of knowledge with the master-key of modern anthropology, which is nothing less than the science of man. Declaration of policy of the Southwest Museum"--Cover.
|Description:||pages 137-176 : illustrations, map ; 20 cm|
|Contents:||Honey-dew "sugar" in western North America / by Robert F. Heizer --
The use of honey-dew as food by Indians / by Volney H. Jones --
A very special exhibit: the Fred K. Hinchman Collection --
Marine Corps hymn in Navaho --
Pug-a-roo picks pine-nuts / by Bradley R. Stuart --
The Homer E. Sargent Collections: a continuation / by Frances E. Watkins --
Nevada excursion / by M.R. Harrington --
Another ceremonial site excavated --
Indians at Play IV / by Frances E. Watkins --
Target for generosity / by Frances E. Watkins --
Library accessions --
- Southwest Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New.
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- History.
- Anthropology -- Southwest, New.
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New.
- Indians of North America -- Food.
- Hinchman, Fred Kimpton, -- 1888-1945.
- Navajo Indians -- Songs and music.
- Indian baskets.
- Indians of North America -- Games.