Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Miguel Miramón|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Frances E Watkins; M R Harrington; Ruth DeEtte Simpson; Frederick W Sleight; Gordon C Baldwin; Southwest Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
|Notes:||Volume 20, number 3 of Southwest Museum publication.
"To help the Southwest fulfill the wisest of all the precepts of the Greeks - 'Know Thyself' - by unlocking to its children its underground treasure-house of knowledge with the master-key of modern anthropology, which is nothing less than the science of man. Declaration of policy of the Southwest Museum"--Cover.
|Description:||p. 69-108 : ill. ; 20 cm.|
|Contents:||Those who have gone still live: the Hohokam since 1400 AD / by Ruth D. Simpson --
Indians at play V / by Frances E. Watkins --
Human beasts of burden --
Comments on Basketmaker-like pictographs in Northern Utah / by Frederick W. Sleight --
Western museums conference --
Notes on Rampart Cave / by Gordon C. Baldwin --
Navaho schools --
The Miramon relics --
Library accessions --
A case of pioneer surgery --
Mexican expedition seeks early evidence of man.
- Southwest Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New.
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- History.
- Anthropology -- Southwest, New.
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New.
- Hohokam Culture -- History.
- Indians of North America -- Games.
- Tarahumara Indians.
- Basket-Maker Indians.
- Picture-writing -- Utah.
- Navajo Indians -- Education.
- Miramón, Miguel, -- 1831-1867.
- Medicine -- West (U.S.)
- Prehistoric peoples -- Mexico.