Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
George Devereux; M R Harrington; Ruth DeEtte Simpson; George W Brainerd; Edwin F Walker; Southwest Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
|Notes:||Volume 22, number 4 of Southwest Museum publication.
"To help the Southwest fulfill the wisest of all the precepts of the Greeks - 'Know Thyself' - by unlocking to its children its underground treasure-house of knowledge with the master-key of modern anthropology, which is nothing less than the science of man. Declaration of policy of the Southwest Museum"--Cover.
|Description:||pages 113-144 : illustrations ; 20 cm|
|Contents:||A new Pinto site / by M.R. Harrington --
Mohave etiquette / by George Devereux --
Eccentric chert points, the work of master craftsmen / by Ruth DeEtte Simpson --
Decorative techniques of Maya pottery / by George W. Brainerd --
League of the Iroquois, the inspiration for the United States of America / by Edwin F. Walker --
An important Cheyenne manuscript --
- Southwest Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New.
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- History.
- Anthropology -- Southwest, New.
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New.
- Pinto Basin (Calif.) -- Antiquities.
- Mohave Indians -- Manners and customs.
- Chert implements.
- Maya pottery.
- Iroquois Indians -- History.
- Cheyenne Indians.
- Cheyenne language.